Vidyut Jamwal Biography, Age, Family, Body, First Movie, Awards & More
Who is Vidyut Jamwal?
Born on 10 December 1980 (age 40 years in 2020), Vidyut Jamwal is an Indian actor, model, and stunt performer. He is counted among the best action heroes in the world. He mainly works in Bollywood, Telugu, Kannada, Tamil cinema.
At a very early age, when he was just three, he started learning Kalaripayattu, a martial art form from Kerala. He gained huge recognition from the movie Commando released in 2013 and today he is very popular among the action lover.
Even coming from a non-film background his hard work and dedication established him as a well-counted artist in the Indian film industry.
Early Life & Achievements
Vidyut was born in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India but originally belongs from Jammu & Kashmir. He did his schooling at Army Public School, Dagshai, Himachal Pradesh. Due to the transferable nature of his father’s job, he has been for a short span of time in various parts of India.
He started learning Kalaripayattu at the age of three. After earning his degree in the martial art, he started performing on the stage. He traveled to more than 25 countries to showcase this south Indian art form and won many awards.
However, during his gloomily modeling career, he got an offer in the Telugu film Sakthi in 2011 starring Junior NTR. In the same year, he landed a role in John Abraham starrer Force. His negative role in the movie was quite appreciated by the audience and he also won Filmfare Award for the best male debut.
After the success of Force, he again appeared in the Telugu film Oosaravelli (2011) and did a couple of Tamil films namely Billa II and Thuppakki in 2012.
The year 2013 proved to be a milestone for his career as he got the lead role in Commando. He played the character of an army officer, Captain Karan Singh Dogra. He won Zee Cine Award for the Rising Star for this film.
Vidyut was seen in American renowned action director Chuck Russell‘s Junglee (2019). His major box office success includes Commando (2013), Baadshaho (2017), Commando 2 (2017), Junlee (2019), Commando 3 (2019), Yaara (2020), Khuda Hafiz (2020).
Now he is the busiest actor in the Bollywood and has many projects in his pocket.
|Real Name||Vidyut Jammwal|
|Profession||Actor, Model, Martial Artist|
|Birth Date||10 December 1980|
|Age||40 years (as in 2020)|
|Birth Place||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||Army Public School, Dagshai, Himachal Pradesh|
|Education Qualification||Degree in Martial Arts|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Traveling, Working Out|
|Height||5 Feet 9 Inches (180 cm)|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Father||Name not known.|
However, he was an ex-army officer. Jamwal’s father died when he was a teenager.
She is a housewife. But she has been Miss Jammu & Kashmir.
|Directed By||Nishikant Kamat|
|Cast||John Abraham, Genelia D’Souza, Sandhya Mridul, Vidyut Jamwal, Raj Babbar, Mukesh Rishi|
|Music By||Harris Jayaraj, Lalit Pandit|
Vidyut made his film debut with a Telugu movie Sakthi in 2011. However, he stepped into Bollywood with Nishikant Kamat‘s directed film Force in 2011. In which he appeared in the negative role. He won Filmfare, Stardust, and IIFA Awards for his brilliant performance. The movie also did well, both critically and commercially.
Net worth, Salary, House, Cars
|Net worth||Rs. 60 crores in 2020|
|Salary||Rs. 4 – 5 crores per movie|
|Brand Endorsement||Rs. 50 – 70 L|
|House||Andheri, Mumbai (rented apartment)|
Jaguar XJ (1.1 crores)
Triumph Rocket 3 R (18 L) Gqindia,
Ducati Diavel (16 L)
|Actors||M. G. Ramachandran, Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan, Hrithik Roshan, Sunil Shetty, Salman Khan|
|Actress||Huma Qureshi, Nargis Fakhri, Shruti Haasan|
|Movies||Singh Is King, Robocop, Enter The Dragon|
|Food||Tofu, Gulab Jamun, Bhel Puri, Pani Puri|
|Sports||Football, Cycling Bhasker|
|Holidays Destination||Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India|
|Mona Singh (Actress)|
They met through a common friend in 2012 and dated each other for about three years. However, they are now separated.
- Apart from Kalaripayattu, he has also mastered Gymnastics, Jiu-Jitsu, and Parkour.
- Before starting his film career, he was a background dancer and performed in the Insaan (2005) movie song.
- At first, he was a non-vegetarian but since 2011 he is a pure vegetarian and also won PETA‘s hottest vegetarian of the year in 2014.
- He is a big follower of Lord Hanuman.
- He is a good rock climber.
- Vidyut performs all action sequences by himself in his movies.
- He was offered a role in Salman Khan starter Prem Ratan Dhan Payo in which he had to play Salman’s brother character, but due to the busy schedule, he denied the offer.
- His movie Force (2011) is the remake of the Tamil film Kaakha Kaakha.
- He was called to the Shaolin temple to pay tribute to Bodhidharma, an Indian monk who introduced martial art in China.
- During the shoot of Junglee, he had a severe head injury but sooner he got back for the shoot.
- To play a negative role in Force, he was selected among the 500 candidates.
- He was approached for the role in Happy New Year instead of Sonu Sood, but he rejected the offer.
- He got training in martial arts in an ashram in Kerala. The ashram was run by his mother.
- He has hosted alongside Sarah an international reality game show named “Ultimate Beastmaster” where he had represented Indian contestants.
- A very popular Youtube channel, TheRichest, listed him among the “Top 10 People You Don’t Want To Mess With” in the world.
- He promoted Sushant Singh Rajput‘s Dil Bechara by heart like it was his movie.
- Vidyut landed into a controversy when the businessman had alleged them for smashing a bottle on his head in 2007. However, after 12 years, the Bandra court acquitted Vidyut and his friend for assaulting that businessman. NDTV
- When Disney+ + Hotstar organized an event regarding OTT releases, they forget to invite Vidyut. In response he tweeted on Twitter “A BIG announcement for sure!! 7 films scheduled for release but only 5 are deemed worthy of representation. 2 films, receive no invitation or intimation. It’s a long road ahead. THE CYCLE CONTINUES“. This tweet sparked a dispute between the outsider and the insider.
|Force (2011)||Filmfare Award, FICCI Frames Awards, IIFA Award, Stardust Award||Best Male Debut|
|Thuppakki (2013)||SIIMA Award||Best Actor in a Negative Role|
|Commando (2014)||Zee Cine Award||Umeed Ka Naya Chehra – Male|
|Junglee (2019)||Jackie Chan Action Movie Awards||Best Action Sequence Choreographer|
Did you like the blog? tell us in the comment section. If you do have any suggestion kindly tell us.