Sanjana Sanghi Biography, Age, Height, Family, Education, First Movie & More
Who is Sanjana Sanghi?
Born on 2 September 1996 (age 24 years as of 2020), Sanjana Sanghi is an Indian actress and model. She predominantly works in the Hindi film industry.
She is the recipient of “Woman Debutant Performer of the Year” at the Times Women Award for Dil Bechara (2020) for her first performance in a lead role.
Sanjana is known for her performance in movies Rockstar (2011), Hindi Medium (2017), Fukrey Returns (2017), Dil Bechara (2020). Her upcoming film in 2021 is Om: The Battle Within opposite Aditya Roy Kapur.
|Real Name||Sanjana Sanghi|
|Date of Birth||2 September 1996|
|Age||24 Years in 2020|
|Birth Place||Delhi, India|
|School||Modern School, Barakhamba Road, Delhi|
|College/University||Lady Shri Ram College for Women, University of Delhi|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor in Journalism and Mass communication|
|Hobbies||Travelling, shopping, Writing|
Sanjana was born to Sandeep Sanghi and Shagun Sanghi in Delhi and belongs to a Punjabi Hindu family background. Her father is a businessman while her mother is a housewife. She has an elder brother name Sumer Sanghi. He works for Google and currently lives in San Francisco.
Sanjana completed her schooling at Modern School, Barakhamba Road in Delhi. After schooling, she did her graduation from Lady Shri Ram College for Women, University of Delhi, and earned a bachelor’s degree in Journalism and Mass communication.
She has been a meritorious student in her school and college days. Sanjana topped in CBSE 12th Board Examination and received a congratulation note from HRD minister Smriti Irani. She has also been a gold medalist in Journalism and Mass communication at Delhi University. Before coming into Bollywood, she has worked as a feature writer for Youth Ki Awaaz and also worked as a marketing trainee at Viacom Motion Pictures Pinkvilla.
|Figure Measurement||34-26-34 Inches|
|Height||Feet: 5 Feet 4 Inches IMDB|
Meters: 1.63 m
Centimeters: 163 cm
|Net Worth||Approx $1 million (Rs 7 crore in 2020) Republicworld|
|Salary||Rs 60 – 80 Lakh per movie|
|Brand Endorsement||Rs 30 – 50 Lakh|
|House||Rented Apartment in Mumbai|
Maruti Suzuki Eritga
Boyfriends / Affairs
It has not been reported yet.
|Actor||Ranbir Kapoor, Naseeruddin Shah|
|Movie||Dil Chahta Hai (2001)|
|Food||Croissant, Fish, Chocolate by Hotel Chocolat|
Sanjana made her acting debut at the age of 13 with Imtiaz Ali‘s directed film Rockstar in 2011 as a child artist. She played the character of Mandy Kaul, sister of Nargis Fakri. However, she appeared in the romantic-drama film Dil Bechara in 2020 as a lead actress for the first time. She appeared in it opposite Sushant Singh Rajput.
Some Unknown Facts
- She has appeared on television commercials for more than 150 brands including the bigger ones like Coca – Cola, Dabur Almond Hair Oil, Cadbury, Subway, Tanishq, etc.
- Her film Dil Bechara is an adaptation of the novel “The Fault in Our Stars” by John Green.
- Mukesh Chhabra cast her in Rockstar in 2011 as he impressed by her performance in school’s play. Mukesh was a casting director back then.
- She secured 1st rank in Delhi University and awarded a gold medal.
- During her last year in college at Lady Shri Ram College, she got an internship from incredible BBC.
- She is a trained Jazz and Kathak dancer. India
- In her second break in Hindi Medium (2017), She played the character of young Saba Qamar.
- Mira Rajput, wife of Shahid Kapoor, and Sanjana both studied at LSR college. Mira was two years senior.
- She has also made her appearance in the music video “Mehendi Wale Haath” by Guru Randhawa in 2021.
- She is associated with an NGO name Aarohan, for which she works as a head for privileged children. Amidst the Covid pandemic, she ran a campaign to raise funds to help children.
- She is a animal lover specially dog and horse. She always post pictures on social media with them.
- Sanjana landed into controversy when her new advertisement contract with Lionsgate Play, in which violence against men has visually promoted. The adscript contains – Sanjana slaps her boyfriend 8 times. Pooja Bedi criticized this on Twitter and said “absolutely HORRIFIED 2 watch this advt. Domestic violence against men is NOT acceptable. What if a man was slapping a woman in this advt? This should NEVER CLEAR an advertising board! #men have rights!“.Lokmat
- Before the release of Dil Bechara, it was alleged that her co-star Sushant harassed her on the set. Sanjana broke her silence and said, “I’d like to clarify that no such incident took place with me. Let’s put an end to these conjectures”. She told that delay in her response was due to she was on an abroad trip.
Did you like the blog? Tell us in the comment section.