Ranbir Kapoor Age, Height, Biography, Family, Education, First Movie & More
Who is Ranbir Kapoor?
Born on 28 September 1982 (age 38 years as of 2020), Ranbir Kapoor is an Indian actor and a film producer. He predominantly works in the Bollywood film industry.
Ranbir is the recipient of six Filmfare Awards including many others in different categories. He is on the list of Forbes India‘s Celebrity 100 since 2012.
He is known for his performances in movies like Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009), Raajneeti (2010), Rockstar (2011), Barfi! (2012), Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013), Sanju (2018).
Ranbir has also a production house named Picture Shuru Productions which he started in 2017.
|Real Name||Ranbir Raj Kapoor|
|Nickname||Pappu, Ganglu, Baba|
|Birth Date||28 September 1982|
|Age||38 years in 2020|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharastra|
|School||Hyderabad (Sind) National Collegiate Board (Mumbai),|
Bombay Scottish School (Mahim, Mumbai)
|College/University||H. R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
|Education Qualification||Bachelor’s of Arts|
|Hobbies||Traveling, Playing Football and Watching Movies|
Ranbir was born to Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor in Mumbai and belongs to a Hindu family background. He is the great-grandchild of veteran actor Prithviraj Kapoor and grandson of Raj Kapoor.
His father was a legendary Bollywood actor known for movies like Boby, Laila Majhnu, Chandani, Bol Radha Bol, etc. He died on 30 April 2020. His mother is also a renowned Indian actress and known for her brilliant performances in movies like Amar Akbar Anthony, Doosra Aadmi, Yaarana, Kaala Patthar, etc.
He has an elder sister named Riddhima Kapoor Sahani. By profession, she is a model and a fashion designer. Ranbir is the cousin brother of actress Karisma and Kareena Kapoor and nephew of Randhir and Rajiv Kapoor.
Riddhima Kapoor Sahani
Ranbir did his schooling at Hyderabad (Sind) National Collegiate Board (Mumbai), and Bombay Scottish School (Mahim, Mumbai), and pre-university from H. R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai. After that, he went to New York to pursue filmmaking and method acting at the School of Visual Arts and the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, respectively.
|Height||Feet: 5 Feet 11¼ InchesIMDB|
Meter: 1.81 m
Centimeters: 181 cm
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||Approx $45 million (Rs 320 crore as of 2020) GQIndia|
|Salary||Rs 20 – 25 crore per movie|
|Brand Endorsement||Rs 5 crore|
Bandra (30 crores), Pune (14 crores)
Range Rover Vogue,
Mercedes Benz G63 AMG,
|Bike||Harley Davidson Fat Boy (Rs 18 lakh)|
Girlfriends / Affairs
Ranbir has a long list of girlfriends.
|Angela Jonsson (model)|
|Mahira Khan (Pakistani actress)|
|Avantika Malik (actress)|
|Nandita Mahtani (fashion designer)|
|Priyanka Chopra (actress)|
|Katrina Kaif (actress)|
|Deepika Padukone (actress)|
|Sonam Kapoor (actress)|
|Nargis Fakhri (actress)|
|Alia Bhatt (actress)|
|Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Akshaye Khanna, Al Pacino|
|Actress||Kajol, Madhuri Dixit, Natalie Portman|
|Movies||Shree 420 (1955), 3 Idiot (2009), Life is Beautiful (1997)|
|Singers||A. R. Rahman|
|Food||Jungli Mutton, ladyfinger, Paya|
|Holiday Destination||New York, USA, Venice, Puglia in Italy|
|Colour||Black, White, Red|
|Book||Heavier Than Heaven by Charles R. Cross|
Ranbir made his acting debut in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s film Saawariya in 2007. He played the character of an orphaned and homeless artist who falls in love with Sakina.
He appeared in it opposite Sonam Kapoor and Rani Mukerji. For his performance, he won the Filmfare, Zee Cine, IIFA, Guild, and Stardust Award for the Best Male Debut. However, the film couldn’t succeed commercially at the box office.
- Ranbir got his name from his grandfather Raj Kapoor. His full name is Ranbir Raj Kapoor.
- He has always been very close to his mother and still has his mom’s number on speed dial.
- Ranbir’s grandfather used to call him by nickname Ganglu in his childhood days.
- When Ranbir was a child, he drank after shaving lotion. After that, he was admitted to the hospital.
- Before starting his acting career, he worked as an assistant director and assisted Sanjay Leela Bhansali in Black (2005) and Rajiv Kapoor in Prem Granth (1996).
- He was the first choice for the movie Band Baaja Baaraat (2010) but due to his busy schedule, Ranveer Singh was signed later.
- He is the most educated person in his family who passed the 10th board and scored 56 percent marks.
- Ranbir is a hardcore non-vegetarian.
- He has the habit of fast speaking and eating.
- Ranbir has taken dance training in Jazz and Ballet arts and has also learnt horse riding.Hindustantimes
- He revealed in an interview that he lost his virginity at the age of 15.
- His favorite game is football and his favorite team and player are Barcelona and Lionel Messi, respectively.
- Ranbir started taking drugs when he was in college but later he quitted.
- He is a chain smoker.
- He still takes Rs 1500 every week from his mom as pocket money.
- Ranbir wears pairs of jeans pants and two t-shirts to hide his slim outfit.
- He is very fond of the mobile game Candy Crush.
- He is a good painter.
- Ranbir is the co-owner of Mumbai City Football Club.
- He bought an expensive watch from his first earning.
- Sanjay Dutt gifted him a Harley Davidson Fat Boy bike on his 30th birthday.
- Before starting his film career, he was slapped by Salman Khan in a pub. Later, upon knowing that he is the son of Rishi Kapoor, he apologized for his actions.
- Sonam Kapoor said in a famous chat show “Coffee with Karan” that – “Ranbir is a great friend but I don’t know if he is a great boyfriend. She (referring to Deepika Padukone) did a great job hanging around that long“. In response, Ranbir addressed her as a drama queen.
- Ranbir broke up with Deepika while dating Katrina Kaif. Deepika had accused him of cheating, later Ranbir admitted it in front of the media.
|Saawariya (2008)||Filmfare, Zee Cine, IIFA, Guild, and Stardust Award||Best Male Debut|
|Bachna Ae Haseeno (2009)||Stardust Award||Star of the Year|
|Wake Up Sid (2010)||Stardust Award||Superstar of Tomorrow|
|Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2010)||Stardust Award||Superstar of Tomorrow|
|Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year (2010)||Filmfare Critics Award||Best Actor|
|Raajneeti (2010)||BIG Star Entertainment Award, Stardust Award||Most Entertaining Film Actor, Best Actor|
|Rockstar (2012)||Filmfare, IIFA, Screen, Star Guild, Zee Cine Award||Best Actor|
|Barfi! (2013)||Filmfare, IIFA, Screen Popular Choice, Star Guild, Stardust, Zee Cine Critics Choice Award||Best Actor|
|Tamasha (2015)||Stardust Award||Best Actor|
|Sanju (2019)||Filmfare, Zee Cine, IFFM Award||Best Actor|
Did you like this blog? Tell Us in the comment section.