Pankaj Tripathi Biography, Age, Wife, Family, First Movie, Awards & More
Who is Pankaj Tripathi?
Pankaj Tripathi was born on 5 September 1976 (age 44 years as of 2020). He is one of the most versatile and busiest actors in Bollywood and predominantly works in Hindi Film Industry.
Coming from a small village like Belsand (Bihar) and more than 10 years of his struggle not only established him as a great actor in Hindi Cinema but also as a great inspiration for the whole generations.
Pankaj received a Special Mention at the National Film Award for the film Newton (2017) and a winner of Screen Award for the Best Supporting Actor for Stree (2018) for his outstanding performances.
|Real Name||Pankaj Kumar Tripathi|
|Date of Birth||5 September 1976|
|Age||44 Years (as in 2020)|
|Birth Place||Belsand, Barauli, Gopalganj, Bihar|
|School||D. P. H. School, Gopalganj, Bihar|
|College/University||Institute of Hotel Management (Hajipur, Patna),|
National School of Drama (Delhi)
|Education||Graduate in Drama|
|Hobbies||Traveling, Watching Movies, Farming, Flying Kites|
Pankaj was born to Pandit Benaras Tripathi and Hemanti Devi in a Brahmin family. By profession, his father is a farmer and a priest and his mother is a housewife. Pankaj get married to Mridula Tripathi on 15 January 2004 and has a daughter name, Aashi Tripathi. He has three brothers and two sisters. Among six siblings, he is the youngest.
Pandit Benaras Tripathi
Pankaj did schooling at D. P. H. School from his near town Gopalganj, Bihar. He came to Patna after completed school and pursued Hotel Management at the Institute of Hotel Management, Hajipur, Patna. He then enrolled at the National School of Drama, Delhi in 2001 and earned a degree in Drama in 2004.
|Height||Feet: 5 Feet 10 Inches|
Meter: 1.8 m
Centimeters: 182.8 cm
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||Approx $5 million (Rs 37 crore as of 2020) IBTimes|
|Salary||Rs 2 – 3 crore per movie|
|Brand Endorsement||1 crore|
|House||Madh Island, Mumbai|
Mercedes Benz E200,
|Actor||Manoj Bajpai, Irrfan Khan, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Director||Ram Gopal Varma, Anurag Kashyap|
|Movies||Paan Singh Tomar, Maqbool, Tishri Kasam|
|Holidays Destination||Himalaya, His Village|
|Colour||White, Black, Green|
Pankaj made his film debut in 2004 with a small uncredited role in Run. He played the character of a con man in it. Pankaj appeared in two scenes for a few seconds and moreover, his voice was dubbed. He shared the screen with Abhishek Bachchan, Bhumika Chawla, Vijay Raaz, Mahesh Manjrekar, etc.
Some Unknown Facts
- During the festival in his village, he used to play the role of a girl in Natak (small theatre) which encouraged him to become an actor.
- His biggest source of inspiration is Manoj Bajpai. He said in an interview that, if Manoj was not an actor then he too would not have become an actor.
- Pankaj helped his father in farming until he was in 11th standards.
- He worked in a five-star hotel named Mayura as a chef in Patna for more than two years.
- He was active in college politics and formed a group named Atmaghati Dasta. During protest near Legislative Assembly, he was beaten and also had to go to jail.
- He also appeared in television series like Time Bomb 9/11 (2005), Zindagi Ka Har Rang…Gulaal (2010), Powder (2010), Sarojini – Ek Nayi Pehal (2016).
- He revealed in an interview that he was beaten while buying a ticket for Sanjay Dutt‘s Sadak.
- His film Newton was India’s official entry for the Oscars/Academy Awards in 2018.
- He graduated from NSD (National School of Drama), but get selected on the third attempt. Regarding selection, he recalled an incident “I distinctly remember the rain falling on my tinned roof on a July noon. While I sat in my room, looking out of the window at the rain, a postman arrived in a raincoat. He came to me with a white envelope with the NSD logo. I realized that I had got through NSD this time. I started crying.” Postoast
- Anurag Kashyap‘s Gangs of Wasseypur was the turning point of his career. For his role, he was auditioned for eight long hours.
- He shot for two scenes in Hrithik Roshan starrer Lakshya but his role was deleted on the film release.
- He played the lead role in Gurgaon which was released in 2017.
- In his early days in the film industry, he was paid Rs 5000 for each minor role play.
- To protect his borewell pump worth Rs 500, he would sleep every night in the paddy field.
- He moved to Mumbai after many calls from his NDS friend Bhanu Uday with his wife caring only Rs 46000 cash in hand.
- His favorite role in the movies, he has done so far, is Masaan (2015).
- He appeared in various small roles in movies like Omkara (2006), Dharm (2007), Mithya (2008), Shaurya (2008), Chintu Ji (2009), Barah Aana (2009), Raavan (2010), Aakrosh (2010), Chillar Party (2011), Agneepath (2012), etc.
- Once when his mother was admitted to a hospital in Patna, he went to visit her. The Dr. returned all the treatment charges when he knew the fact.
- He appeared in Amazon Prime‘s web series Mirzapur in which his acting was praised by the critics and also won iReel Awards for the Best Actor.
|Newton (2017)||National Film Award, News18 REEL Movie Award||Special Mention, Best Supporting Actor|
|Mirzapur (2018)||iReel Award||Best Actor|
|Stree (2018)||Screen Award, Zee Cine Award||Best Supporting Actor, Best Dialogue|
Did you like the blog? Then please share it.