Nawazuddin Siddiqui Biography, Age, Wife, Family, First Movie, Awards & More
Who is Nawazuddin Siddiqui?
Nawazuddin Siddiqui was born on 19 May 1974 (age 46 years in 2020). He is one of the most talented actors Bollywood ever had. It wasn’t easy for a common man coming from a small village and established himself as a profound artist in the Indian film industry. But, his hard work, dedication, and burning desire to became an actor made it possible. Nawaz is not only known in Bollywood but also a well-recognized actor worldwide. It’s like giving yourself a treat by watching him on the screen. He is endless storage of never-ending talent.
Nawaz is the recipient of a National Film Award, an Asia Film Award, an Asia Pacific Screen Award, two Filmfare Awards, and many more in different categories.
Born to Nawabuddin Siddiqui and Mahroonisha Siddiqui, Nawaz is the eldest among his nine siblings. He did his schooling from a government high school, B. S. S. Inter College, Budhana, from his native place. He then enrolled at Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar to pursue a degree in chemistry.
Thereafter, he worked as a chemist in Vadodara (Gujarat). Worked about a year in Vadodara, he came to Delhi to find a new job, but accidentally got introduced to the theatre world. He got so attracted to the theatre that he made up his mind to become an actor.
To do that he took an exam at the National School of Drama and five years later get selected. In the year 1999, he completed his graduation in drama and moved to Mumbai to fulfill his dream. In his starting days in Mumbai, he struggled a lot due to his ordinary look. During these days he also did theatre and continuously tried for a role in cinema.
Breakthrough & Achievements
After about a year of struggle, he got a break in a small role in Aamir Khan‘s starer Sarfrosh in 1999. Most of the audience even didn’t notice him in this character. He appeared in small roles in the movies like Shool (1999), Jungle (2000), Munna Bhai MBBS (2003), Family (2006), Black Friday (2007), Peepli Live (2010), etc.
Nawaz started gaining some recognition from Kahaani (2012) in which he played the character of a short-tempered IB officer. His first breakthrough was Anurag Kashyap‘s Gangs of Wasseypur in 2012 and won National Film Special Jury Award for it. From this movie, he became a very popular icon in the cinema world and climbed the ladder of success step-by-step.
|Real Name||Nambardar Nawazuddin Siddiqui|
|Date of Birth||19 May 1974|
|Age||46 Years in 2020|
|Birth Place||Budhana, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||B. S. S. Inter College Budhana|
|College/University||Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar|
National School of Drama
|Education Qualification||Bachelor of Science (Chemistry), Graduated In Drama (NSD)|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Farming, Flying Kites|
|Height||5 Feet 5 Inch (168 cm)|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Nawaz belongs to a Muslim landlord family called Numberdars. He got a big family. Apart from his parents and two sisters, he has six younger brothers. However, now he lives in Mumbai with his wife, two children, and a brother, Shamas Nawab Siddiqui.
He was a farmer by profession. Unfortunately, suffering from paralysis for a long time, he died in 2015 at the age of 72. Hindustantimes
She is a housewife and 71 years old.
Aaliya Siddiqui (aka Anjali Kishore Pandey).
They get married in 2015. She is a film producer and belongs to Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh.
Yaani Siddiqui (son),
Shora Siddiqui (daughter).
Nawaz with his six brothers. Among eight siblings, one of them, Shamas Nawab Siddiqui is a film director.
Syama Tamshi Siddiqui.
Syama was the youngest among her nine siblings. She died at a very young age on 7 December 2019 after long battling with breast cancer.
Nawazuddin made his film debut with Amir Khan’s starrer Sarfarosh in 1999. He played a small uncredited character of a local criminal who is arrested and interrogated by the police to reach out to the mastermind. However, the movie was a blockbuster at the box office.
Net worth, Salary, Cars
|Net Worth||Rs. 145 crores|
|Salary||Rs. 5 – 6 crores per movie|
|Brand Endorsement||Rs. 1 crore|
|House||Versova, Andheri (value – 12 crores)|
Mercedes Benz GLS 350 CDI (88 L)
Ford Endeavour (35 L)
They met in NSD while pursuing a degree in drama. They separated after being in a long relationship. Sunita is a film and TV actor.
They met on the set of the movie Miss Lovely and dated each other for quite a long time about a year and a half. Niharika has been a former Miss India.
|Actors||Amitabh Bachchan, Ashish Vidyarthi|
|Movies||The Bicycle Thief (1948)|
|Food||Tahari (a local dish) Siasat|
|Holidays Destination||Jaisalmer, Rajasthan|
- Just before coming to Mumbai, he changed his name from Nambardar Nawazuddin Siddiqui to Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
- He played his first lead role in the movie Miss Lovely opposite Niharika Singh.
- During his struggling days in Mumbai, he used to cook food for his NSD seniors in return for shelter.
- He played the character of a waiter for the film Shool due to the shortage of money.
- Anurag Kashyap revealed to the media about him in an interview – Nawaz is a brilliant and natural actor. If you meet him, just like that he is almost invisible and once you start really looking at him he sucks you in.
- He bagged the best actor award at New York Indian Film Festival in 2012 for his outstanding performance in the film Dekh Indian Circus.
- He was most influenced by Manoj Bajpayee, Naseeruddin Shah, and Om Puri to become an actor
- Varun Dhawan is one of the biggest fans of Nawaz. He had a heartfelt desire to work with Nawaz and his wish was fulfilled in 2015 when he shared the screen together in Badlapur.
- After the grand success of Gangs of Wasseypur (2012), he rejected more than 250 films project.
- Nawaz is the author of his own autobiography “An Ordinary Life: A Memoir“. He wrote it along with Rituparna Chatterjee. He has described in it each and every aspect of his life especially the struggle one.
- He came to Delhi to take admission to NSD, but it took him five years. In these years he used to do theatre and a part-time job. In the meantime, he has worked as a security guard in a toy factory to fulfill his basic needs.
- Due to the brilliant performance in Anurag Kashyap‘s Black Friday in a small role, he started appearing in the eyes of the film directors.
- He is among a few Bollywood actors who have worked with three famous Khans, Amir Khan, Salman Khan, and Shahrukh Khan.
- Nawaz is the person attached to the soil. Therefore whenever he gets the opportunity to visit his native, Budhana, he never misses the chance and spares some time working on the farm field.
- He appeared as a cameo in Anurag Kashyap’s directed movies Dev.D and Mukkabaaz for the songs “Emotional Atyachar” and “Mushkil Hai Apna Meil Priye” respectively.
- These days Nawaz and Anjali have got a rift in their relationship. Meanwhile, Anjali seeking a divorce and also said to the media that “two months of lockdown gave me a lot of time to introspect. Self-respect is extremely important in a marriage. Woh meri khatam ho chuki thi, I didn’t have that. I was made to feel like a nobody, I always felt alone. His brother Shamas was also an issue.” Timesofindia
- He landed in a controversy when he revealed in his autobiography that he had a one-night stand with a waitress in New York City.
- It was alleged by his wife Anjali that he is spying on his wife by hiring a private detective. Thereafter, he was summoned by the Thane police to interrogate.
- He barged into controversy when he tweeted that romantic actors just run around the trees. This made Rishi Kapoor upset and he slammed Nawaz on Twitter and said he is an average actor and what a romantic actor can do on screen that Nawaz can never.
- An F.I.R. lodged against Nawaz in 2018 by an active Congress politician and a producer of Sacred Games, Rajiv Sinha from West Bengal. He alleged Nawaz for defaming Rajiv Gandhi, former Prime Minister of India, and bringing down the level of the Indian Cinema.
Nawaz has won National Film Award for the movies Talaash: The Answer Lies Within, Kahaani, Gangs of Wasseypur, and Dekh Indian Circus in the Special Jury Award category.
|Talaash: The Answer Lies Within (2012)||Zee Cine Awards, Screen Awards, Asia Film Awards||Best Supporting Actor|
|Haraamkhor (2015)||New York Indian Film Festival||Best Actor|
|Gangs of Wasseypur (2012)||Lions Gold Awards||Favorite Actor|
|The Lunchbox (2013)||Filmfare Award, Renault Star Guild Awards||Best Supporting Actor|
|Badlapur (2015)||Zee Cine Awards||Best Performance in a Negative Role|
|Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015||Zee Cine Awards||Best Actor in a Comic Role|
|Mom (2018)||IIFA Awards||Best Supporting Actor|
|Manto (2018)||Asia Pacific Screen Awards||Best Actor|
|Sacred Games (2018)||IReel Awards||Best Actor|
|Raat Akeli Hai (2020)||Filmfare OTT Awards||Best Leading Actor|
Did you like the blog? Tell us in the comment section.