Huma Qureshi Biography, Age, Height, Family, Education, First Movie & More
Who is Huma Qureshi?
Born on 28 July 1986 (age 34 years as of 2020), Huma Qureshi is a versatile actress and model. She mainly works in the Hindi film industry.
Huma has been nominated three times for the Filmfare Awards in various categories.
She is recognized for her performances in movies like Gangs of Wasseypur – 1 & 2 (2012), Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana (2012), Dedh Ishqiya (2014), Badlapur (2015), Jolly LLB 2 (2017).
|Real Name||Huma Saleem Qureshi|
|Date of Birth||28 July 1986|
|Age||34 Years in 2020|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, India|
|College/University||Gargi College, University of Delhi|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor in History|
|Hobbies||Playing Basketball, Reading Autobiographies, Travelling|
Huma was born to Saleem Qureshi and Ameena Qureshi in New Delhi and belongs to Muslim family background. Her father owns a chain business of restaurant, Saleem Restaurant, across Delhi, and her mother (who belongs to Kashmir) is a homemaker. She has three brothers – Saqib Saleem, Naeem Qureshi, Haseen Qureshi. Saqib is also an Indian actor and Naeem and Haseen look after their father’s business.
Huma did her schooling in Delhi. She then enrolled at Gargi College, University of Delhi, and earned a bachelor’s degree in History. After her graduation, she joined the Act 1 theatre group to enhance her acting skills.
|Figure Measurement||36-27-35 Inches|
|Height||Feet: 5 Feet 4¾ Inches IMDB|
Meters: 1.65 m
Centimeters: 165 cm
|Net Worth||Approx $3 million (Rs 22.45 crore in 2020) Republicworld|
|Salary||Rs 2 – 3 crore per movie|
|Brand Endorsement||Rs 1 crore|
|House||Andheri West, Mumbai|
SUV Land Rover Freelander
Boyfriends / Affairs
Huma has been linked-up with a long list of rumors relationship. Before coming to the film industry, she was in a relationship with Manoj Tanwar and Ibrahim Ansari in 2007 and 2008 respectively. After coming into Bollywood, her name was concatenated with many actors and film directors, they are:
|Arjan Bajwa (actor)Freepressjournal|
|Shahid Kapoor (actor)|
|Anurag Kashyap (film director)|
|Sohail Khan (actor, film producer)|
|Abhishek Chaubey (film director)|
|Mudassr Aziz (film director)Hindustantimes|
|Actor||Ranbir Kapoor, Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan|
|Movie||Dangal (2016), Kaagaz Ke Phool (1959), Om Shanti Om (2007), Titanic (1997), Blue Valentine (2010)|
|Directors||Anurag Kashyap, Deepa Mehta|
|Food||Shaami Kebabs, Biryani, Sushi, Galauti, and Malai Tikkas|
|Holiday Destination||California, Peris|
Huma made her film debut in Anurag Kashyap‘s epic crime thriller Gangs of Wasseypur 1 in 2012. She played the character of Mohsina, wife of a notorious criminal Faisal Khan. She first appeared in Malayalam film White in 2016. Huma has also made her Hollywood film debut in Viceroy’s House in 2017 and the Tamil film Kala in 2018 opposite Rajnikanth.
Some Unknown Facts
- Huma was a bright student and also takes part in her school and college cultural programs.
- When she came to Mumbai, she signed a contract with Hindustan Unilever for two years. and during the shoot of a commercial for Samsung mobile, Anurag Kashyap (fortunately who was shooting the ad) noticed her acting talent and signed her for three projects.
- She had done a lot of television ads like Samsung Mobile, Nerolac, Vita Marie, Mederma Cream, Saffola Oil, and Pears Soap, Kesh King.
- When she was offered a TV commercial with Shahrukh Khan, she got overwhelmed with joy and said “Ya I’ll do it.’ They said, ‘But… there’s no money’. I said, ‘I’ll do it.’ Then they said, ‘You have to be pregnant in the ad’. I said, ‘Ya I’ll do it’. Then they said, ‘There’s a child too’. I said, ‘I don’t care what it is, it is Shah Rukh Khan! Do whatever, make me a boy, cut my hair, shave my eyebrows!’ I’ve been in love with him ever since I was little“.Filmfare
- She has made a special appearance in the British-Sweden-Indian film Trishna in 2012 and performed in the song “Maintenance”.
- When she was criticized by the public for her curve body, in response she revealed to the media that “I have always been very confident being curvy. I think it is all about feeling good and accepting yourself the way you are. There is no such rule that being skinny is the right way to go about it. I have never felt like that. And moreover, no guy has ever come to me and said that I do not look pretty… so there you go“.Hindustantimes
- She was to make her acting debut with the Telugu film Billa 2 (2012) opposite Ajith Kumar, but due to the delay in shooting the film, she had to leave the film.
- She has been the face of many magazine covers like Femina, Cosmopolitan, FHM, Wedding Affair, Brides. But in 2009, she with her brother Saqib Saleem got the cover of Femina magazine.
- Before coming to Mumbai, she was doing theatre under the guidance of profound theatre director and acting teacher N. K Sharma.
- She shared the screen with her brother Saqib Saleem in Dobaara: See Your Evil in 2017 which is the remake of the 2013 Hollywood film Oculus. The director of Oculus, Mike Flanagan, was also the executive producer of the film.
- She was cast in Ayushmann Khurrana‘s music video “Mitti Di Khusboo” in 2014.
- At first, Huma’s parents were not happy with her film career. She revealed in an interview that “my family is very conservative, but now they have changed and accepted many things. They understand the choices that we make. Now, when some negative stories come out, both of us get very nervous that mum would have read the newspaper, but when she calls up, she is absolutely normal. They understand and they never question us“.Hidustantimes
- He has walked the ramp for many renowned fashion designers including Manish Malhotra. She also loves to do it for charity work.
- A restaurant in Varanasi (UP) called Vatika serves a dish, that is named after Huma Qureshi. Huma revealed in an interview, the interesting story behind it, “We were shooting Gangs Of Wasseypur in Varanasi. Vatika was the only restaurant serving vegetarian, Italian, and continental cuisine. We used to go there for lunch and sometimes coffee. Everything there was cheese-based, because of the Italian influence. So I would order a customized dish and instruct them how to cook it. Other guests at the restaurant, too began requesting the same dish. So the owner named that particular dish after me“.Filmfare
- She is the best friend of renowned film director and choreographer Farah Khan.
- It is said that the divorce between Anurag Kashyap and Kalki Koechlin is due to Huma. Breaking her silence on #MeToo allegations against Anurag, she shared a post on Twitter says that “Anurag and I last worked together in 2012-13 and he is a dear friend and an extremely talented director. In my personal experience and to my knowledge he has neither misbehaved with me or anyone else. However, anyone who claims to be abused must report it to the authorities, the police and the judiciary“.Indiatoday
- It was rumored that Huma and Sohail Khan are in a relationship which has led to a rift between Seema and Sohail and Salman Khan is also angry with Huma. In response, Huma said to the media that Sohail is like her elder brother and also tweeted on Twitter that “You need to apologize to all of us !! You have no ethics, no morality and just because actors choose to ignore idiots like you .. you think we are scared of u. Not at all“.Freepressjournal
|Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1 & 2 (2012)||BIG Star Entertainment Award, South African Film and Television Award,||Most Entertaining Actor Female Debut, Debut Actor of the Year – Female,|
|Shorts (2012)||Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles||Special Mention|
|Dedh Ishqiya (2015)||Stardust Awards||Breakthrough Supporting Performance – Female|
Did you like the blog? Tell us in the comment box and also share it.