Deepika Padukone Biography, Age, Height, Family, Education, First Movie & More
Who is Deepika Padukone?
Born on 5th January 1986 (Age 34 Years as of 2020), Deepika Padukone is one of the most beautiful, talented, versatile, and highest-paid actresses in Bollywood.
She is the recipient of three Filmfare Awards, two for the Best Actress and one for the Best Female Debut. Deepika has also won several other awards in different categories and got nominated many times.
She is well known for her performances in movies like Om Shanti Om (2007), Love Aaj Kal (2009), Chennai Express (2013), Padmaavat (2018), Bajirao Mastani (2015), Goliyon Ki Raasleela: Ram-Leela (2013), Piku (2015).
|Real Name||Deepika Padukone|
|Profession||Actress, Producer, Model|
|Birth Date||5 January 1986|
|Height||5 Feet 9 Inches (174 cm)|
|Birth Place||Copenhagen, Denmark|
|School||Sophia High School, Bangalore|
|College/University||Mount Carmel College (Bangalore),|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of Arts|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Reading, Playing badminton, Cooking|
Deepika was born to Prakash Padukone and Ujjala Padukone in Copenhagen, Denmark, and belongs to Saraswat Brahmin family background. Her father was a former badminton player and won many medals for India. He is the recipient of the most prestigious award, the Arjun Award (In 1972), and Padma Shri in 1982. She has a younger sister named Anisha Padukone and by profession, she is a Golf player and has represented India many times but couldn’t fetch any medals.
After being in a long relationship with Ranveer Singh, they get married on 14th November 2018 in Italy. Ranveer is a renowned Bollywood actor.
Deepika did her schooling at Sophia High School, Bangalore. After schooling, she enrolled at Mount Carmel College (Bangalore) for higher education, but she was a college dropout. Due to remaining busy in her modeling career, many years later, she earned a bachelor’s degree in arts from Indira Gandhi National Open University.
|Figure Measurement||34-26-34 Inches|
|Height||Feet: 5 Feet 7½ Inches IMDB|
Meters: 1.71 m
Centimeters: 171 cm
|Net Worth||Approx $16 million (Rs 120 crore in 2020) Republicworld|
|Salary||Rs 15 – 20 crore per movie|
|Brand Endorsement||Rs 8 crores|
Bandra West, Mumbai
Mercedes Maybach S650,
Boyfriends / Affairs
Deepika was linked-up with many rumored relationship.
|Nihar Pandya (actor, model)|
|Upen Patel (actor)|
|M. S. Dhoni (cricketer)|
|Siddharth Mallya (businessman)|
|Mujamil Ibrahim (actor, model)|
|Yuvraj Singh (cricketer)|
|Ranbir Kapoor (actor)|
|Ranveer Singh (actor)|
|Actor||Shahrukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Irrfan Khan, Amir Khan, Brad Pitt, Richard Gere|
|Actress||Hema Malini, Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol|
|Movies||Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (DDLJ), Vicky Cristina Barcelona, The Colour of Paradise, Cinderella Man|
|Singers||A. R. Rahman, Justin Bieber, Jennifer Lopez, Rihanna|
|Food||Ravioli bolognese, Dal & Steamed-Rice, South Indian food (Idly, Dosa, Poha, etc), Maharashtrian varan, Sev Puri, Steamed Fish|
|Holiday Destination||France, Maldives|
|Sports||Badminton, Football, Polo|
|Book||The Kite Runner|
Deepika made her acting debut in a Kannada film Aishwarya in 2006. However, she first appeared in a Bollywood film Om Shanti Om in 2007 opposite Shahrukh Khan. Her performance in the movie won her Filmfare Award, Zee Cine Award, IIFA Award, Guild Award, Stardust Award for the Best Female Debut of the year.
She also made her Hollywood debut with the film XXX: Return of Xander Cage in 2017 opposite Vin Deisel. She played the character of Serena Unger, a huntress.
- In 2018, she was listed among the 100 most influential people in the world by Time.
- When she was in the 10th standard, with the support of her parents, she decided to become a model. Deepika was appeared in a Liril soap commercial and was the winner of Lakme Fashion Week in 2005.
- She was an average student but used to stay ahead in extracurricular activities.
- She was a national level player in badminton and once secured the third position.
- Deepika was also a good baseball player.
- She was a student of Anupam Kher‘s film academy before starting her film career.
- In 2007, before coming to the Bollywood film industry, Himesh Reshammiya launched her in his music video “Naam Hai Tera” which made her quite popular in India.
- She joined Shiamak Davar‘s dance academy to enhance her dancing skills.
- The movie Dhoom 3 and Jab Tak Hai Jaan were first offered to Deepika.
- Due to the Kannada accent, her voice was dubbed at the starting of her film career.
- She was going to debut from Sanjay Leela Bhansali‘s Sawariya but due to some reason, Sonam Kapoor was signed later.
- Deepika has adopted a village named Ambegaon (Maharastra) in 2010.
- She was the foremost planner for her wedding.
- In 2018, she launched her own film production company named “Ka Productions“.
- Deepika has been the face of various magazines cover like Filmfare, Femina, Vogue, Porter Edit, Elle, You & I.
- She owns a clothing brand named “All About You“.
- Deepika and Ranveer first met in a restaurant.
- They were engaged four years before their marriage.
- Deepika tattooed the name of Ranbir Kapoor when they are dating each other.
- She won three Filmfare Awards for the movies Om Shanti Om, Goliyon Ki Raashleela: Ram-Leela, and Piku.
- She is the only Bollywood actress who gave four consecutive blockbuster movies.
- In 2014, Times of India (TOI) tweeted about her cleavage show. Deepika tweeted back to TOI with anger – “Yes I am a woman. I have breasts. I have cleavage. You got a problem?.” After this statement, she got support from fans all over the world and as a result, the tweet was removed from the Twitter database.
- In a famous Indian chat show, Koffee With Karan, she said – Ranbir Kapoor should endorse a condom brand.
- During her film (Chhapaak) promotion in January 2020, she visited the JNU campus and criticized the attack on the students. After this, she was circled by controversies.
- After the grand success of the movie “Happy New Year“, Deepika raised her fees to Rs. 15 crores.
- During the investigation of the Sushant Singh Rajput‘s murder case, her name was surfaced in drug abuse.
|Om Shanti Om (2008)||Filmfare Award, Zee Cine Award, IIFA Award, Guild Award, Stardust Award||Best Female Debut|
|Chennai Express (2013)||IIFA Award, Screen Award, Screen Popular Choice Award||Best Actress|
|Goliyon Ki Raasleela: Ram-Leela (2014)||Filmfare Award, Screen Award||Best Actress|
|Happy New Year (2014)||Stardust Award||Best Actress|
|Finding Fanny (2014)||Stardust Award||Best Actress|
|Tamasha (2015)||Screen Popular Choice Award||Best Actress|
|Piku (2016)||Filmfare Award, IIFA Award, Screen Award, Zee Cine Award, Guild Award, Stardust Award||Best Actress|
|Bajirao Mastani (2016)||Zee Cine Award, Screen Popular Choice Award||Best Actress|
|Padmaavat (2019)||Zee Cine Award||Best Actress|
Did you like this blog? Tell us in the comment section.