Aditi Rao Hydari Biography, Age, Height, Family, Education, First Movie & More
Who is Aditi Rao Hydari?
Born on 28 October 1986 (age 34 years as of 2020), Aditi Rao Hydari is an actress, singer, and dancer. She mainly works in Bollywood, Telugu, Tamil, and Malayalam films.
Aditi has won the IIFA Award and Screen Award for the Best Supporting Actress for Padmaavat (2019) and Yeh Saali Zindagi (2012) respectively. She has also won the Asiavision Awards for the Best Actress for the Tamil film Kaatru Veliyidai in 2017 directed by the legendary Mani Ratnam.
She is well known for her performances in movies, like Padmaavat (2018), Fitoor (2016), Wazir (2016), Guddu Rangeela (2015), Murder 3 (2013), etc.
|Real Name||Aditi Rao Hydari|
|Profession||Actor, Singer, Dancer|
|Date of Birth||28 October 1986|
|Age||34 Years in 2020|
|Birth Place||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|School||Rishi Valley School, Madanapalle, Andhra Pradesh|
|College/University||Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi|
|Hobbies||Yoga, dancing, singing|
Aditi was born to Ehsaan Hydari and Vidya Rao in Hyderabad and belongs to a Bohri Muslim family background. She belongs to two Royal families, first from her paternal side Sir Muhammad Saleh Akbar Hydari, and second from her maternal side Raja J. Rameshwar Rao. Kiran Rao, the wife of Aamir Khan, is her cousin sister whose grandfather was the Raja of Wanaparthy, Mahabubnagar district, Telangana. Herzindagi
Aditi was married to Satyadeep Mishra, who is an actor and a former lawyer, in 2009 but they are now separated.
Kiran Rao (cousin)
Aditi Rao Hydari did her schooling at Rishi Valley School, a Krishnamurti Foundation Of India, Madanapalle, Andhra Pradesh. After schooling, she completed her college at Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi, and earned a bachelor’s degree. She also started learning Bharatanatyam at the age of just six and has mastered it.
|Figure Measurement||34-26-34 Inches|
|Height||Feet: 5 Feet 5 Inches|
Meters: 1.67 m
Centimeters: 167.6 cm
|Breast Size||34 Inches|
|Waist Size||26 Inches|
|Hip Size||34 Inches|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||Approx $8 million (Rs 60 crore as in 2020) Republicworld|
|Salary||Rs 80 lakh – 1 crore per movie|
|Brand Endorsement||Rs 40 – 50 lakh|
Mercedes Benz, Ford Endeavour
Boyfriends / Affairs
|Arunoday Singh (actor)|
|Farhan Akhtar (actor, singer, film director)|
|Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh, Aamir Khan|
|Actress||Dia Mirza, Richa Chadda|
|Movie||ABCD2, Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam, Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi, Life is Beautiful, Iris|
|Directors||Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Shoojit Sircar, Imtiaz Ali, Mani Ratnam|
|Food||Hot Chocolate Fudge, Charu with Chawal, Neyi Avakaya Annamamman|
|Holiday Destination||Turkey, London|
Aditi made her film debut with a Malayalam movie Prajapathi in 2006. She appeared in it as a dancer. In the following year, she appeared in the Tamil film Sringaram in a lead role. In 2009, Aditi made her Bollywood debut in Rakesh Omprakash Mehra‘s Delhi 6, opposite Abhishek Bachchan.
Some Unknown Facts
- Her parents got separated when she was just two-years-old. Aditi’s mother moved from Hyderabad to New Delhi. Later her father got married for the second time, but her mother remained single.
- Her mother, Vidya Rao, is an acclaimed classical singer in the music genres of Thumri and Dadra.
- Her great-grandfather, Akbar Hydari, was the Prime Minister of Hyderabad state and her maternal grandfather, Raja J Rameshwar Rao, was the king of Wanaparthy in colonial India.
- She is the disciple of acclaimed Bharatanatyam dancer Leela Samson.
- Since her father is from the Hydari clan and her mother is from the Rao clan, she uses both of her parents’ surnames to respect them.
- She is also a playback singer. She made her singing debut with the movie London, Paris, New York (2012) and sung two songs namely Voh Dekhnay Mein and Thehree Si Zindagi.
- Aditi took training and practicing the famous Malayalam martial arts Kalaripayattu. Republicworld
- She broke the record of Mallika Sherawat‘s 17 kisses in Khwahish (2003) and set a new record of 22 kisses with Arunoday Singh in her film Yeh Saali Zindagi (2011).
- She played the character of Alauddin Khilji‘s (played by Ranveer Singh) wife Mahrunisha in Sanjay Leela Bhansali‘s Padmaavat in 2018. Her performance was appreciated by the Critics and the film won several awards and it remained the highest-grossing of the year.
- She is a big animal lover and shares her pictures often on social media with her pet.
- The #MeToo movement started by Tanushree Dutta in which she blamed Nana Patekar for Sexual harassment on the set of Horn Ok Please in 2008. A decade after, Aditi spoke up about how she had to stay out of work for eight months. She said at the India Today Conclave South 2018, “I remember when I started, I was extra-naive because I came from a protected background. I didn’t know that the rumors were true, that things like this did happen. And honestly, I have not had such a bad time. I had one incident which actually didn’t harm me very much. But yes, I did lose work because I was given a choice – it’s either this or this. For me, it was a no-brainer. I had to walk away”. Hindustantimes
- After Sushant Singh Rajput‘s death, there was a lot of controversy about nepotism. Aditi was also landed in controversy saying that, nepotism is in any industry but what is the fault of those kids who have born into stars’ families.
- In 2015, on the occasion of Independence Day, she posted a “Salute Selfie” on Instagram. She was criticized by her fans across the world for saluting with the left hand.
- In 2016, Aditi mired in controversy when she broke the traffic rules in Noida while taking the wrong turn and caught by the police.
|Yeh Saali Zindagi (2012)||Screen Award||Best Supporting Actress|
|Kaatru Veliyidai (2017, Tamil)||Asiavision Awards, South Indian International Movie Award||Best Actress, Best Debut Actress|
|Sammohanam (2019, Telugu)||Zee Cine Awards Telugu, TSR-TV9 Award||Best Debut Actress, Special Jury Award|
|Padmaavat (2019)||IIFA Award||Best Supporting Actress|
Did you like the blog? Tell us in the comment box.