Ranveer Singh Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Family, First Movie & More
Who is Ranveer Singh?
Born on 6th July 1985 (Age 35 years as of March 2020), Ranveer Singh is an actor, producer, and model. He predominantly works in Bollywood cinema.
Despite not being from a filmy background, he established himself as one of the finest actors in Bollywood and also one of the most energetic artists in the film industry.
With his brilliant performances in movies like Bajirao Mastani, Gully Boy, Padmaavat, etc, he won four Filmfare Awards for the Best Actor and also won several other awards.
Ranveer launched a production house in 2017 named “Ma Kasam Films“.
|Real Name||Ranveer Singh Bhavnani|
|Nick Name||Rambo, Bittoo|
|Profession||Actor, Producer, Model|
|Birth Date||6th July 1985|
|Age||35 Years in 2020|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharastra, India|
|School||Learners Academy School, Mumbai|
|College/University||H. R. College of Commerce & Economics (Mumbai),|
Indiana University, Bloomington (USA)
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts|
|Hobbies||Playing football, Video games, Collecting shoes & hats,|
Ranveer was born to Jagjit Singh Bhavnani and Anju Bhavnani in a Sindhi family in Mumbai. His father is a real state businessman by profession and his mother is a housewife. Ranveer married Deepika Padukone on 14th November 2018. Deepika is also an acclaimed actress in Bollywood. He has an elder sister named, Ritika Singh Bhavnani.
Jagjit Singh Bhavnani
Ritika Singh Bhavnani
Ranveer did his schooling from Learners Academy School, Mumbai, and completed 12th from H. R. College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai. He then went to America and earned a bachelor’s degree in arts from Indiana University, Bloomington. To keep his passion alive, he also used to attend acting classes.
|Height||Feet: 5 Feet 10 Inches|
Meter: 1.8 m
Centimeters: 182.8 cm
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||Approx $30 million (Rs 210 crore as of 2020)|
|Salary||Rs 20 – 25 crore per movie|
|Brand Endorsement||Rs 3 – 5 crore|
West Duplex Apartment, Mumbai (value Rs 10 crore)
Aston Martin Rapid S,
Range Rover Vogue,
Mercedes Benz E Class
|Actors||Shahrukh Khan, Jonny Depp|
|Actresses||Kareena Kapoor, Scarlett Johansson, Megan Fox|
|Director||Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Zoya Akhtar|
|Movies||Andaz Apna Apna, Raja Babu, 3 Idiots, Sholay, Rang DeBasanti, DDLJ, Godfather, City of God, Taxi Driver, The Prestige, Kill Bill|
|Food||Chocolates, Cheese, Besan Laddoo, Mutton Curry and Chinese cuisine|
|Holidays Destination||Goa (India)|
Ranveer Singh Girlfriends / Affairs
Ranveer dated Ahana for a very short period of time. She is an actress and a trained dancer and the daughter of great Bollywood actress Hema Malini.
They met on the set of Band Baaja Baaraat in 2010. It was rumored that they dated each other. However, they denied the rumor. Anushka is a renowned Bollywood actress.
It was rumored that Sonakshi and Ranveer met on the set of Lootera in 2013 and dated each other for a short time.
After being in a long relationship for about seven years, now they get married at Villa del Balbianello at Lake Como, Italy in 2018. Indianexpress
Ranveer Singh First Movie
Ranveer made his film debut with Band Baaja Baaraat in 2010, directed by Maneesh Sharma. He played the character of Bittoo Sharma, a wedding organizer, which was well appreciated by the critics. He bagged Filmfare Award, Zee Cine Award, IIFA Award, Guild Award for the Best Male Debut for his brilliant performance. The film also did good business at the box office.
Some Unknown Facts
- After the partition of India, his grandparents shifted from Lahore to Mumbai due to unfavorable circumstances. He was very naughty in his childhood days and wanted to become an actor since then.
- Ranveer chopped off his last name ‘Bhavnani’ because he thought it was too long and difficult to remember. He picked the last name ‘Singh’ from his grandfather. India
- After returning from America in 2007, he used to work as a copywriter for O&M and J. Walter Thompson advertisement enterprises.
- Tired of his job, he quit and started giving several auditions and was eventually get selected for the Yash Raj banner Band Baaja Baaraat in 2010.
- Ranvir’s grandmother used to motivate him since his childhood to become a hero.
- Sonam Kapoor is the cousin sister of Ranveer from the maternal side.
- Ranveer considers Aditya Chopra as his mentor and gives credit to him for his huge success.
- Hrithik Roshan was his biggest source of inspiration for him to become an actor.
- On each release of his films, he disguises himself to watch the movie in the theatre with the audience.
- He was an assistant director for about a year and a half at the beginning of his film career.
- He rejected three movies before signing Band Baaja Baaraat.
- Ranveer did not charge any fees for Bajirao Mastani.
- He gave his voice in the Hindi version of Deadpool 2.
- It was rumored that his father bribed Yash Raj Films to launch Ranveer in the Bollywood film industry.
- He was thrown out of the class for listening to the “Chaiyaa Chaiyaa” song in the classroom.
- Ranveer’s father takes care of all his earnings.
- Impressed by his acting in Ram Leela, Amitabh Bachchan sent him a handwritten appreciation note.
- He is obsessed with collecting the x-magazine. Whenever he goes abroad, he must buy the X-rated magazines there.
- He is the only male actor who endorsed a condom brand.
- Ranveer was the winner of the most desirable man in 2017.
- He was the first choice for the movie Bombay Velvet.
- For Band Baaja Baaraat, Nawazuddin Siddiqui was appointed as an acting instructor for Ranveer.
- He revealed to the media that, during the beginning of his film career, he fell victim to the casting couch. He was offered to make physical relation. However, he did not disclose the name.
- Ranveer’s mother does not want to see him dying on the screen. Therefore, he didn’t want his mother to watch Bajirao Mastani.
- When Ranveer was endorsing a condom brand, he said in an interview that “he always carries condoms with him because it could be needed anytime”. After this statement, he was severely criticized by the media.
- He landed himself into controversy when he revealed to the media that he lost his virginity at the age of just 16 and was a nymphomaniac till 26.
|Band Baaja Baaraat (2011)||Filmfare, IIFA, Star Screen, Stardust, Zee Cine, Guild||Best Male Debut|
|Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela (2014)||Lions Gold||Best Actor|
|Bajirao Mastani (2016)||Filmfare, Star Screen, IIFA, Zee Cine Viewer’s Choice||Best Actor|
|Padmaavat (2019)||Filmfare Critics, Star Screen, IIFA, Zee Cine Viewer’s Choice||Best Actor|
|Gully Boy (2020)||Filmfare, Star Screen, IIFA, Zee Cine Viewer’s Choice||Best Actor|
Did you like about “Ranveer Singh Biography“? Tell us in the comment box.