Priyanka Chopra Biography, Age, Height, Husband, Family, First movie & More
Who is Priyanka Chopra?
Born on 18 July 1982 (Age 38 Years as of 2020), Priyanka Chopra Jonas is an actor, singer, model, and film producer. She predominantly works in both Bollywood and Hollywood.
She has crowned the title of Miss World in 2000 and overnight became the world celebrity. But as far as her film career is concerned, she has worked hard for it. Starting her career in Bollywood in 2002, today she is touching the heights that is nothing but short of a dream for others.
Apart from Padma Shri, a National Film Award, and five Filmfare Awards, she named herself many other awards in various categories.
Priyanka was born to Ashok Chopra and Madhu Chopra in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. Her parents were doctors in the army. At first, she had no intention to become a Bollywood star but an aeronautical engineer.
Due to the transfer nature of her parent’s job, she had to change her school at a certain period of time. She studied at La Martiniere Girls’ School, Lucknow, and St. Maria Goretti College, Bareilly. But at the age of 13, Priyanka moved to America to her aunty for study. There she took admission to Newton North High School, Massachusetts. She had to face a lot of racism due to her skin color. After three years of study, she came back to India and completed her 12th from Army school, Bareilly. After her schooling, she started taking part in the fashion contest.
She participated in May Queen Beauty Contest and Femina Miss India. For the first one, she was a winner and was a runner up for the latter in 2000. At the age of 18, the same year she was crowned Miss World 2000.
Breakthrough & Achievements
After winning the crown, she started her career with a Tamil movie Thamizhan in 2002. She made her first Bollywood appearance from “The Hero: Love Story of A Spy” opposite Sunny Deol. The movie was a blockbuster at the box office and Priyanka started gaining popularity.
In 2003, she appeared in box office big success Andaaz opposite Akshay and Mujhse Shaadi Karogi in 2004 opposite Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar. After these projects, she never looked back. In 2005, she won Filmfare Awards for the best performance in a negative role for Aitraaz by showing her versatility and the National Film Awards and Filmfare Awards for the best actress for Fashion.
After winning the heart of India, she went to United State in 2014 to win the heart of the world and made her Hollywood debut from the famous American TV series Quantico in 2015. It was a great success worldwide and had three seasons. She worked in Hollywood movies like Baywatch, A Kid Like Jake, Isn’t It Romantic, etc? Her upcoming projects are – We Can Be Heroes, The Matrix 4, and The White Tiger.
Priyanka is also a good singer. She launched her first music video album “In My City” in 2012. In the following year, she released an album name Exotic, featuring the world-famous Pitbull.
|Real Name||Priyanka Chopra Jonas|
|Nick Name||PeeCee, Mimi, Piggy Chops|
|Profession||Actor, Singer, Model, Film Producer|
|Birth Date||18 July 1982|
|Birth Place||Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India|
|School||La Martiniere Girls School, Lucknow,|
St. Maria Goretti College, Bareilly
Army School, Bareilly,
Newton North High School, Massachusetts
|College/University||Jai Hind College, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Reading, Singing, Traveling, Writing|
|Figure Measurement||35-26-34 Inches|
|Height||5 Feet 5 Inches (166 cm)|
|Waist Size||26 Inches|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Priyanka comes from an average middle-class family. Her parents were central government employees in the Indian Army. Due to the nature of her father and mother’s job, she has been lived in many parts of India.
He was a general physician in the army. Priyanka loves him so much that she got a tattoo on her wrist “Daddy’s Lil girl” to give him a tribute after his death on 10 June 2013 at the age of 62 years in Mumbai.
Chopra is also a retired doctor from the army. Now she is a film producer.
They get married on 1 December 2018. Nick is a renowned American singer and actor.
He is four years younger than Priyanka and by profession, he is an entrepreneur.
Very few know that Priyanka made her film career debut with the Tamil language (referred to as Kollywood) movie Thamizhan opposite Vijay in 2002.
She made her debut in Bollywood cinema with The Hero: Love Story of A Spy opposite Sunny Deol in 2003. She played the character of a journalist. However, the film Hamraaz was to be the first movie for Priyanka in her career, opposite Akshay Khanna and Boby Deol. But at that time, Amisha Patel was in huge demand, therefore she replaced Priyanka.
She made her debut in Hollywood with Baywatch in 2017 opposite Dwayne Johnson. She played the character of a villain.
Net Worth, House, Salary, Cars
|Net worth||Rs. 370 crores in 2020|
|Salary||Rs. 12 – 15 crores per movie|
|Brand Endorsement||Rs. 2 crores|
Beverly Hills, Los Angeles (value – 150 crores),
Raj Classic, Versova, Mumbai,
Green Acres, Lokhandwala, Mumbai
Rolls Royce Ghost (Rs. 7.9 crores),
BMW 7 series (Rs. 1.6 L),
Cadillac Escalade (Rs. 1.2 crores)
Boyfriends / Affairs
Aseem Merchant (model, actor)
Shahrukh Khan (actor & entrepreneur)
Harman Baweja (actor)
Shahid Kapoor (actor)
Tom Hiddleston (British actor, rumored)
Nick Jonas (actor, singer)
|Actor||Matthew McConaughey, Tom Hardy, Mel Gibson, Shah Rukh Khan, Kishore Kumar, and Dharmendra|
|Actress||Rekha, Sushmita Sen|
|Movie||Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, Jerry Maguire, Pretty Woman, Walk in the Clouds|
|Food||Risotto, Burgers, French fries, Chicken/Mutton Biryani, Fish curry, Sarson ka saag, Bourbon biscuits, Red velvet cake|
|Holiday Destination||Paris, Brazil, and Mexico|
|Books||Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare, Tell me your Dreams by Sidney Sheldon, Letters from a Father to His Daughter by Jawaharlal Nehru|
Some Unknown Facts
- In 2018 and 2016, Forbes and Time listed Priyanka in the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women with securing 94th rank Theceomagazine and the 100 most influential people in the world Times respectively.
- During her school days, she was a very shy and under-confident girl.
- While studying in the US, her colleagues used to make fun of her by calling her a Brownie.
- She is 10 years older than her husband, Nick Jonas.
- Priyanka is 5th Miss World from India.
- She was the part of the 88th Emmy Awards ceremony to give away an award.
- Priyanka and Nick married at Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur, in both Hindu and Christian customs.
- Parineeti Chopra is the cousin sister of Priyanka.
- She has a film production house named Purple Pebble Pictures.
- Priyanka is a Global Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF appointed in 2016.
- She founded a nonprofit organization named The Priyanka Chopra Foundation For Health And Education in 2016 which provides free health and education for unprivileged children.
- Priyanka was among the nine Navratna for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Mission selected by Indian prime minister Narendra Modi.
- She got a huge fan base on Instagram holding the position of most followed Indian with about more than 60m followers as in 2020.
- Nick Jonas purchased an engagement ring worth $200,000 for Priyanka. Republicworld
- She is also a writer and used to write a column for the Hindustan Times called The Priyanka Chopra Column in 2009. Priyanka is the author of Unfinished: A memoir, an autobiography.
- Before Nick, Hollywood renowned actor Gerard Butler made a marriage purpose before Priyanka.
- In an interview with Mumbai Mirror, Ryan Reynolds said about Priyanka that “I have not seen her show (‘Quantico’) but I’ve seen her interviews and she is charming, funny, and smart. She’s got a huge following and is doing great. I would love to work with her. I can see why she is a big star.” Timesofindia
- In a very famous chat show “Koffee With Karan“, Kareena Kapoor asked Karan Johar pointing Priyanka – “I wonder where she gets that accent from?” In response, Priyanka replied that “she got it from the same place that Saif (Kareena husband) does.”
- After marriage, Priyanka and Jonas’ family went to Miami to celebrate holidays. There she caught in the camera smoking cigarettes. She quickly barged into controversy as she made an appeal on Twitter in the Dipawali festival that “not to burst crackers as she has asthma”.
- When PM Modi was on India’s official tour for Germany in 2017, Priyanka came to visit him. She was trolled badly on Twitter for wearing a short dress and alleging to have forgotten Indian culture.
- When she expressed condolences on the Assam floods victims, she again landed in controversy. Since she is a tourism ambassador for Assam, her follower wanted more from her. As a result, Priyanka was trolled badly on Twitter asking that “what did you do for Assam flood victims as a tourism ambassador“.
- After great success in Hollywood, she came back to India. She made a deal with Zee Cine Awards show for a whopping price of Rs. 5 crores for just five minutes’ performance. She once again fell victim to social media after this deal.
In 2016, Priyanka was awarded the Padma Shri Award, the most prestigious award for her great contribution to world cinema.
|Andaaz (2004)||Filmfare Award||Best Female Debut|
|The Hero: Love Story of A Spy (2004)||Stardust Award||Best Supporting Actress|
|Aitraaz (2005)||Filmfare Award||Best Performance in a Negative Role|
|Fashion (2009)||National Film Award, Filmfare Award, IIFA Award, Stardust Award||Best Actress|
|Kaminey (2010)||Guild Award||Best Actress|
|7 Khoon Maaf (2012)||Filmfare Critics Award, Star Guild Award, Screen Award||Best Actress, Best Entertainer of the Year, Best Villain|
|Barfi! (2013)||Zee Cine Viewers Choice Award, Stardust Award||Best Actress|
|Mary Kom (2015)||Screen Award, Stardust Award, Guild Award||Best Actress|
|Bajirao Mastani (2016)||Filmfare Award, Screen Award, IIFA Award||Best Supporting Actress|
Did you like the blog? Tell us in the comment box.