Parineeti Chopra Biography, Age, Height, Family, First Movie & more
Who is Parineeti Chopra?
Parineeti Chopra was born on 22 October 1988 (age 32 years as of 2020). She is a multitalented actress, also known as desi girl, as well as a singer and also was a brilliant student. She predominantly works in the Hindi film industry.
Parineeti holds the position among the Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list since 2013. She is the recipient of a National Film Award in a special mention, a Filmfare Award, and many more other awards.
She is well known for her performances in movies like Ladies vs Ricky Bahl (2011), Ishaqzaade (2012), Shuddh Desi Romance (2013), Golmaal Again (2017), Namaste England (2018), etc.
|Real Name||Parineeti Chopra|
|Date of Birth||22 October 1988|
|Age||32 Years (as in 2020)|
|Birth Place||Ambala, Haryana, India|
|School||Convent of Jesus and Mary, Ambala|
|College/University||Alliance Manchester Business School, Manchester, England|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, and Economics|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Singing, Meditation, Reading, Swimming, Workout|
Parineeti was born to Pawan Chopra and Reena Chopra in a middle-class Panjabi Hindu family in Ambala, Haryana. Her father is a businessman and her mother is a housewife. Among the three siblings, she is the eldest. Her two younger brothers are Sahaj Chopra and Shivang Chopra. She is the cousin of worldwide famous actress Priyanka Chopra.
Priyanka Chopra (cousin)
Parineeti did her schooling at the Convent of Jesus and Mary School from Ambala, Haryana. After her schooling, she went to London to earn a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, and Economics from Alliance Manchester Business School, Manchester. Parineeti also holds a bachelor’s degree in music and a trained Hindustani classical singer.
|Figure Measurement||34-28-35 Inches|
|Height||Feet: 5 Feet 5 Inches|
Meter: 1.67 m
Centimeters: 167.6 cm
|Waist Size||28 Inches|
|Net Worth||Approx $8 million (Rs 60 crore as of 2020) Republicworld|
|Salary||Rs 2 – 4 crore per movie|
|Brand Endorsement||Rs 1 crore|
Sea-facing Apartment in Bandra, Mumbai
Audi A6, Jaguar XJL
Boyfriends / Affairs
|Maneesh Sharma (rumored)|
Maneesh is a film director, writer, and film producer.
|Charit Desai (rumored)|
By Profession, Charit is an assistant film director.
|Actor||Saif Ali Khan|
|Movie||Pakeezah (1972), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Barfi! (2012)|
|Food||Kadhi Chicken, Rajma-Chawal, Pizza, Margarita|
|Holiday Destination||Goa, London|
|Colour||Black, Red, Pink|
Parineeti Chopra made her film debut in Maneesh Sharma‘s directed Ladies VS Ricky Bahl in 2011. It was Yash Raj‘s banner film and produced by Aditya Chopra. She played the character of Dimple Chaddha, in a supporting role. Parineeti won Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut and got a nomination Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance.
Some Unknown Facts
- She was a meritorious student and secured the first rank in SSC competitive examination. For that, she got an award from the president of India, Pratibha Patil.
- Parineeti always wanted to become an investment banker. After her studies, she worked as an investment manager in England, but due to economic downfall, she had to return to India in 2009.
- While pursuing a triple honours degree in England, she used to work part-time for the Manchester United Football Club as the team leader of the catering department to sustain her life.
- Before coming to the film industry, she worked as a public-relations consultant in the marketing department in Yash Raj Film Studio.
- She gained popularity with the film Ishaqzaade opposite Arjun Kapoor in 2012. It was a big hit at the box office.
- She lost her 25 kg weight from 85 kg to 65 kg when signed for a three-movie contract with Yash Raj Banner.
- Parineeti playback sang the song Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin from Meri Pyaari Bindu (2017) and Teri Mitti from Kesari (2019). She has also sung Matlabi Yariyan in her upcoming movie The Girl on the Train (2021).
- In Neha Dhupia’s chat show, she revealed that she was Rani Mukherjee’s personal assistant while working as a public-relations consultant for Yash Raj Banner. She said that “I was her PA just for one day. It was the best day of my life! Because she was my favorite and she was going to my favorite reality show Bigg Boss and in fact, I got to spend 1.5 hours driving to Khandala with her. She told me that you know, you have it in you to become an actress. You should become an actress. I was like wow, Rani Mukherjee, my idol is saying this to me.”Pinkvilla
- She is such a big fan of Saif Ali Khan that she used to collect Lays potato snacks covers in her school days because it was endorsed by Saif. Her wish to work in a film together will be fulfilled in their upcoming film Jugalbandi in 2021. However, she has worked with him in an award ceremony as a host.
- She has a phobia of plane-landing.
- She also performed a group song for DD National, when she was in school.
- When she was given an award for losing weight, then Rishi Kapoor criticized this by saying that “I couldn’t believe it when they recently gave an award to Parineeti for losing weight. Can someone please give me an award for gaining weight?” This statement gained lots of heat.”
- In an interview, she revealed that she used to go to school by cycle due to the unstable economic conditions. But her classmate, Kkanoo Gupta, lashed out at her and claimed Parineeti lied to the media. Kkanoo wrote on Facebook “Parineeti Chopra Shame…….. coming from a privileged background and lying through the teeth in front of the camera. I guess this is what being a celebrity means. Create a fabricated sob story of no money no car etc. Coming from the same school I probably also remember the car her father used to have. And going to school on a cycle was a trend those days and also a privilege, not everyone had. My friends from CJM would probably understand the lies a bit better.SIC.” Dnaindia
|Ladies vs Ricky Bahl (2011)||Filmfare Award, Screen Award, Stardust Award, Zee Cine Award, IIFA||Best Female Debut|
|Ladies vs Ricky Bahl (2012)||IIFA||Best Supporting Actress|
|Ishaqzaade (2013)||National Film Award, Stardust Award||Special Mention, Superstar of Tomorrow – Female|
Did you like the blog? Tell us in the comment box.