Abhay Deol Biography, Age, Height, Family, Education, First movie & More
Who is Abhay Deol?
Born on 15 March 1976 (age 44 years as of 2020), Abhay Deol is one of the most talented and underrated actors in the Bollywood film industry. He is also a film producer and owns a film production house named Forbidden Films which he started in 2009.
He is the recipient of the Indo-American Arts Council Awards for the Best Actor and got nominations for the Filmfare Award and IIFA Award for the Best Supporting Actor.
Abhay is well known for his performances in movies like Socha Na Tha (2005), Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! (2008), Dev.D (2009), Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011), Chakravyuh (2012), etc.
|Real Name||Abhay Singh Deol|
|Birth Date||15 March 1976|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharastra, India|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai|
|College/University||University of Mumbai|
|Educational Qualifications||Degree in Acting and Theatre|
|Hobbies||Interior designing, Travelling, Yoga, Martial Arts|
Abhay was born to Ajit Singh Deol and Usha Deol in Mumbai and belongs to a Jat Sikh family background. His father was an renowned actor, film director, writer, and film producer. He is known for movies like Khote Sikkey, Pratigya, Santo Banto, Veerta, etc. Unfortunately, he died on 23 October 2015. His mother is a housewife.
Abhay is the nephew of legendary actor, Dharmendra, and cousin of profound Bollywood actor Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol. He has also a cousin sister name Esha Deol.
Ajit Singh Deol
Sunny Deol (Cousin)
Bobby Deol (Cousin)
Esha Deol (Cousin)
Abhay did his schooling at Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai. After schooling, he enrolled at the University of Mumbai for higher education. But in the middle of his curriculum, he left college went to New York to study acting. He earned a bachelor’s degree in acting and theatre at City College of New York.
|Height||Feet: 5 Feet 10¾ Inches IMDB|
Meter: 1.8 m
Centimeters: 180 cm
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||Approx $16 million (Rs 115 crore in 2020) Republicworld|
|Salary||RS 2 – 4 crore per movie|
|Brand Endorsement||Rs 1 crore|
Mitsubishi Pajero SFX
Girlfriends / Affairs
Abhay was in a long relationship for about 6 years with Preeti Desai. She is a British actress and model. She is the first Indian-origin girl who has won the title of Miss Great Britain in 2006. Some of her movies are Saving My Baby, The Bachelor Next Door, The Work Women, One By Two.
It is rumored that Abhay is currently dating Saireena. She is the Celebrity Manager at New Clear Ideas.
|Actor||Salman Khan, Hrithik Roshan|
|Movies||Bicycle Thieves, Dr. Strangelove, Star Wars|
|Food||Thai, Chinese Cuisine, Kaju Barfi, Gulabjam|
|Holiday Destination||New York, Thailand|
Abhay Deol made his acting debut in Imtiaz Ali directed film Socha Na Tha in 2005. It’s a romance-drama film in which he appeared opposite Ayesha Takia. Abhay played the character of Viren Oberoi, a wealthy boy, who searches for true love. He also made his debut in Tamil film Hero in the year 2019.
Abhay also appeared in the web series JL50 in 2020 for the first time. He played the character of a CBI Officer in it.
Some Unknown Facts
- He was very active in his school and college days and used to participate in plays and involved in theatre since childhood.
- Abhay wanted to be a journalist but due to his father’s will, he came into Bollywood.
- He has produced movies like One By Two, What Are The Odds, and Bounty Hunter so far under his production house Forbidden Films. Bounty Hunter is his upcoming project.
- His first breakthrough was Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! in 2008 that made him very popular among the audience.
- Abhay is a trained scuba diver. He learned diving when he was shooting for the film Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011).
- He has also learned the Israeli martial art form, Krav Maga.
- Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara was his highest gross Bollywood movie which collected a sum of Rs 174.5 crore Bollywoodhungama worldwide. He was nominated for the Filmfare Award for the best supporting actor.
- Abhay was among the 50 Most Desirable Hotties in 2009, a list made by Zoom.
- He is from a strong-film background but did a lot of struggle to get to this place. In an interview, he said that “people don’t expect me to have struggled because they think I am from the film industry. But I did my own thing before acting — I used to do storyboards, assisted an editor for a movie, made and sold T-shirts!”.
- On 14 January 2014, he appeared at the Screen Award events with a black eye claiming that it’s a result of a protest against T-Series for not releasing music of his film One By Two. He also posted on Facebook saying that “he has decided to take a stand against the practice of signing certain contracts“.
- In 2017, he criticized actors including Shahrukh Khan, Vidya Balan, Deepika Padukone, and Sonam Kapoor for endorsing the fairness cream brand.
- He landed into controversy after the death of Sushant Singh Rajput, he spoke out openly on nepotism stating that “my uncle Dharmendra was an outsider who achieved such a big place in Bollywood and had no connections then into the industry“.
|Manorama Six Feet Under (2007)||Indo-American Arts Council Award||Best Actor|
Did you like the blog? Tell us in the comment box.